How Emanate Technology grew its business by 30% and reduced payroll processing and funding costs by 45%
We caught up with the team at Emanate to learn more about the partnership and value delivered to date.
Emanate Technology is a specialist technology recruitment company. Having identified a gap in the tech recruitment market for a high touch, consultative and specialist service, Emanate has cemented itself as a market leader in the Australian technology space.
In 2020, Emanate had a number of concerns about the way they were managing their payroll and engaged APositive to help improve their business efficiencies…
Karl White, Commercial Director at Emanate, says:
“From our first interactions with APositive, we knew we were in good hands. Their approach from the consultation days to the delivery of the solution was just so professional and thorough”
APositive was able to quickly identify the following pain points for Emanate:
- Too many manual processes such as timesheets and onboarding of contractors
- Limited flexibility and control over how much of their contractor payroll was funded
- Minimal access to reporting
- Lack of integration between front, middle and back-office systems
“Implementing a new solution felt like a risk. Payroll management was a relatively new APositive solution, and we hadn’t previously used invoice finance to fund our payroll. And of course, moving hundreds of casual employees and contractors to a new payroll provider, there was the concern that there would be disruption for the candidates. But APositive really made it a seamless transition”
APositive’s specialist team worked with Emanate’s commercial director, external accountant and managing director to fully understand requirements for payroll, invoicing and funding. They reviewed Emanate’s recruitment tech stack – identified key areas to improve and what tech would be most suitable to fully integrate the front, middle and back office.
APositive brought substantial expertise and knowledge in determining which timesheet and payroll software would:
- Ensure seamless integration into Emanate’s recruitment software and accounting package, and
- Be able to customise the reporting requirements
APositive constructed and managed a comprehensive implementation plan and reported back weekly until go-live. A critical part of the program’s success was the introduction of APositive’s Workforce Operations Manager Sibell Kursat who managed Emanate’s account, and has more than ten years’ senior experience in finance and payroll in recruitment. Other critical elements included parallel pay runs to mitigate any errors, and educating the Emanate team on invoice finance and its benefits.
“APositive were highly professional in managing the process from start to finish. They developed a detailed project plan, scheduled meetings and check-ins with us to manage the outcomes and delivery of the plan. Testing of integrations between our recruitment software and their pay and bill software were managed by APositive, and parallel pay runs confirmed all payroll data was correct prior to going live, ensuring all contractors and employees were paid correctly and on time”
- White Labelled Service means Emanate maintains its position with candidates whilst the payroll is managed by APositive.
- Emanate has the ability to choose how much of their contractor payroll is funded due to the tailored, flexible finance facility.
- Emanate has full, admin access to all payroll and invoicing data, as well as full transparency of candidate and client communication.
- APositive’s payroll and finance software is fully integrated with Emanate’s accounting package, allowing them to access real time financial reporting, delivering significant efficiencies.
Jason Bird, Recruitment Operations Manager, says:
“Working with the team at APositive has been a brilliant experience. The working relationship has been seamless and we work together well as a team.
A massive thank you to Darren and Sibell for making my life in “payroll land” so efficient via your well-established processes and for always communicating with us promptly and professionally”
At APositive, our mission is to make lives easier through innovative business finance.
We do this by providing back office, payroll management, invoice finance and payroll funding specifically for recruitment and labour hire businesses.